Thursday, December 16, 2010

My 7 year old

Well we decided to let Rex turn 7. We were not going to let him since the older your kids get the older you are but he did it anyway. Here is a peak at Rex's year.....
 He had his first and last season of basketball
 He started tumbling (he does a mean cart wheel)
 Learned to read
 Learned to ramp his bike and his scooter
 Lost 7 teeth (one of them when he was sleeping or eating, not sure but we never found it. He told me one day, my tooth is gone but I don't know where.)
 Grew tall enough to go on Indiana Jones ride 
He is the best tree climber ever!
 He loves math
 He loves to draw and color
 He likes to write books
 He loves eating anything with red devil on it
 He learned to whistle (all the missing teeth help)
 He loves to play Plants verses Zombies on the computer
 He now thinks that the Backyardigans and Diego are baby shows (he didn't think so last year)
 He has turned into such a neat kid. He is always surprising me. He is so smart and he likes you to know about it. He is always saying things like "what is more important mom (insert whatever I am currently doing) or your son?" He got in a lot of trouble this week and I decided that I was going to spank him. After I did he said "How would you like it if I whacked you?" He cracks us up. Most of the time he is not trying to. We love you to pieces Rexy Poo! Today in the car he told us "I would be so sad if I still lived in the orphanage and didn't have a mom and dad", well Rex I know exactly how you feel. We would not be complete with out our sweet boy in our home. We would have a hole that we could not fill. We are thankful every day that our Heavenly Father chose us to be your family. Happy birthday Roger. Enjoy it because we are not going to let you get any older!









3 comments:

Green's said...

I can't believe the boys are 7, and Jett's next! I remember when they came to nursery in Lincoln, NE. I thought they were twins!

Happy Birthday from the Brother Greens!

Lee Anne said...

You are old!!! We love Rex. Hope he had a great birthday!

Lore Smart said...

We love you Rex! We miss you guys. Wish we could all go sledding together in WA, but we will do lots of park hopping and swimming instead when we get back:)