Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'm dreaming of a Brown Christmas


We had such a great Christmas this year. We always alternate were we stay either with the Johnson's or with my family. This year was a Brown Christmas not only because we did not get any snow but we stayed with my family. It is a bit cozy with all of us in my parents home (Cassie's family and Trevor's family were both there) but we love it.
I have always loved Christmas and my Mom has always made them very magical. As with everything that my Mom does this Christmas was done perfectly. We started out the festivities with an adults only Ginger Bread making contest. It was done food network style and even had guest judges. Ryan and I are not proud of our final product but we did not loose (although there might have been a bribe involved).


We enjoyed great food with a fancy Christmas Eve dinner that was amazing followed by a talent show (that was not as amazing-but entertaining). The night was concluded with our little "angels" singing silent night and a nativity.
Feliz navidad

Rudolf the red nosed reindeer

I'm getting nothing for Christmas




 The kiddos all slept in the family room on Christmas eve which made us all a little nervous since in order to get to the bathroom they would have to walk through the footprints that Santa made when he forgot to wipe the soot from his boots after exciting the fire place. We only had one close call when Pace woke up at 2 to use the facilities and then tried waking the rest of the bunch up to share his find. Thankfully Papa was up and stayed in the front room to guard the loot.
trouble!
da loot

Santa footprints

Asher "lovin" Christmas


For Christmas my Mom asked Santa to bring Jori to her home. She has not gotten to come to Eagar in 2 years and has not seen most of the family in that time. Adam was a rockstar and got her there in time for the Christmas party. What a great ending to a great holiday! Until next year....

2 comments:

Lore Smart said...

Oh my goodness...I love all those cute pics. We totally miss you guys and can't wait to "play" soon. What a fun Christmas complete with snow!?!?!?! Can't believe it snowed in MESA!!! See you soon :)

Lee Anne said...

I think your house looks great! You guy's should go into business together building houses or something!