Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy Adoption Day!

As always I love celebrating adoption day, it gives me a chance to really look at some of my favorite blessings (Rex & Jett) and be grateful that they are a part of our family. It gives me a chance to think of their unselfish birth mothers and remember the sacrifice that she made in order for my family to be together. I LOVE adoption, I LOVE my sweet boys, and I am grateful to start the process again so we can hopefully make our family a family of 6 (and add another girl to the equation).
7 years after we adopted Rex & Jett (Mikhail & Timur)

Their silly shot!
 The boys helped build the cake. We had to use our imaginations and pretend that the pink was red and the baby blue was really Russian flag blue. I think it turned out great.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

This is a happy day!! And your cake TOTALLY looks like the Russian flag, anyone that gives you a hard time is LAME! :) Seriously though, can I hire you to make Bubba's cake later this month?! I'm already sweating! See you soon.

vinestreet said...

I love the international parties you had all summer long. The pictures make me smile and laugh and wish I could see you again. Hopefully before the next life, right?

I'm really excited that you are going to adopt again! I'll be cheering for you and hoping that a baby girl can grace your family.