Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Giving THANKS!

This year for Thanks Giving I was given a gift that my family and I have been waiting for for a long time. On Friday the 19th my oldest sister Jori had surgery to relieve pressure that is on her brain from a disease that she has battled for the last 8 years. 

Jori is the most faithful person that I know. Instead of complaining that she was bound to her bed she took that time to study her scriptures. When her vision started to get worse and she was unable to concentrate on things because of the pressure on her brain, she began studying the Ensign. She would mark were she had read and the things that meant something to her or something that she thought someone in her family might need to hear. She always knew she was going to get better because she had been given many beautiful blessings by her husband and others who held the priesthood. She has been a huge strength to me and her entire family. When her kids would be worried about her she would put on a smile and tell them that she felt fine and that she would be better soon. 

 Because of her testimony and her true faith I have been blessed. I am grateful for an older sister who has helped my testimony grow stronger by being around her during her trial.
I love you Jori Pori!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a great post. I am glad that things are going better for her. It sounds like the surgery went really well. I hope she has a speedy recovery. ;)

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

Hooray! We are so grateful Jori is doing well. She was so positive when I met her even though she had a lot of pain. Hope recovery continues to be amazing. We miss you!!!

Broadbent Family said...

What a great tribute to your sister, I hope she is recovering well and the surgery was a success.

Lee Anne said...

Is it wrong to just say Amen? AMEN!!!!