Monday, January 4, 2010

Jett is 6

It was 6 years ago this week that our sweet Jett was born. He was born in Togliatti Russia which is a small town in Samara. He lived there in an orphanage for 7 months while he waited for his forever family to come. Jett is such a joy in our home. He is the best little boy a mom could ask for. He is so willing to share with his brothers and always has a smile on his face. It is hard to believe that he is already 6 years old. It seems like just barely that Ryan and I got to go and meet him for the first time. I am sure Ryan and I will never forget that first meeting. Not because it went so well but because as soon as Jett saw us he started to bawl and it wasn't until almost an hour (and many cookies) later that he finally calmed down. Boy were we worried! The next month when we went back to get him he was a completely different baby. He was so happy and content. He has been that way ever since (well except for when he was three but that doesn't count). Mom & Dad in Togliatti July 2004 Jett age 1 Jett age 2 Jett age 3 Jett age 4 Jett age 5We love you Jett boy! We are grateful that you are a part of our family. We are thankful to our Heavenly Father for blessing our family with such a good boy. Happy Birthday!

9 comments:

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

We love you too Jett! Thanks for being such a good friend to our boys. We miss you!

vine street said...

Oh my goodness, I love the pictures year by year. I keep thinking that they should be turning 3....or 4....but that was way back in Lincoln. I'm still sad about everyone going their separate ways.

Haven't you ever tried sledding in sand??

Tiffany and Darien said...

I love you guys. I can't believe your little fellows are getting so big. I need your email address because I suck at blogging and would love to catch up more (I'm actually bad at emails too) We miss you guys a ton and sorry we can't watch your family grow up. Thanks for the pictures.

Green's said...

Happy Birthday Jett and Rex (much belated) from the "brother greens".

You both have made our Lincoln, NE memories special.

Jenn said...

I can't believe how old they are! Time flies!!! Miss you guys! Wish we could have seen everyone over the Holidays:(

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Happy Birthday Jett!

Lee Anne said...

It really does seem like it was the other day. He is such a handsome boy! What sweet boy's they all are!

Broadbent Family said...

Happy birthday Jett and Rex! We miss hanging out with you guys.

Whitney said...

Hi Mandy! Love your blog! Ours is private, but I'd be happy to send you an invite if you want one. Also, my email is whitneyhale@gmail.com if you ever need anything. We should also exchanges cell phone #'s via email. p.s. We're stuck inside for a few days until Rachel stops spreading her sick germs (runny nose) everywhere. See you soon!