Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ready or not.....



Just when you think you have some control over things you always get a reminder that your not the boss. In our case Asher was the boss and our well planned summer was not so smooth, but it was great! Even though it took me 7 weeks to post I do have a good excuse.
Our summer started out right on track. Ryan began studying for the bar and I began the count down for baby. We made a couple trips to the Valley and put an offer in on a house in the Red Mountain area. After many, many phone calls and working numbers over and over we finally were able to get financing figured out and our offer was accepted. We were supposed to close on the 21st of July which would work out perfect for us to move in after Ryan took the bar. I was bummed that I would be 8 months pregnant and not able to help much. Long story shortish, I got flown out of Show Low to the Valley with PIH and was on bed rest for three weeks. Thankfully our families stepped up and helped with the boys (I don't know what we would do without Cassie and Granny-Ryan's mom)Thanks to good friends and family coming to visit the time did not go too slow and I was able to get three more weeks of growing baby in. Asher was born on the 5th of July at 2:57 in the morning. He weighed 4lbs. 2oz. and was 17 inches long. After three weeks in the NICU we got to bring him home (one day before Ryan took the bar). He is doing great and at 7 weeks old weighs 7 pounds and is 20 inches long. We are all in love with him!
Asher chillin in the NICU. His pacifier is bigger than him.

Rex is so in love with his new brother. He was concerned that he looked like an old man when he was born. He loves holding the baby and asks to touch him every few minutes. He is the best big brother.
Jett is glad that his brother is here because he is glad his Mom is out of the hospital. He did not like being away from his Mom and Dad and would say he wanted to go back to Nebraska so we could live together. He can't wait for Asher to grow up so he can teach him baseball.
Asher going home, YEA!!!
Between hours of studying Ryan would take a break to come hold Asher. He could not have squeezed any more into his month.








We could not have made it this summer
without our Mom's. Thank You Grandma Luvlee for your three weeks of getting me to and from the hospital, being our picture person and endless hours of sitting in the NICU and thank you Granny for making our boys summer a good one even if they did get a little spoiled and you went a little crazy:)! We love you guys!

8 comments:

Green's said...

So happy to see/hear all is well and the summer was survived. I'm guessing that Ryan passed the Bar? Keep us "posted"!

Christina said...

Congratulations! I am so glad you are all healthy and happy. Asher is adorable! I pray everything continues to go well for you!

Frasure Family said...

So good to hear from you. Sorry we kept playing phone tag. Glad everything is going well. Wow, how crazy life must have been and I am so glad you had family to help. We are getting ready to leave soon and start our next adventure.

vine street said...

Hey!!! I love the pictures!!!! Asher is such a cute old man! And why isn't there any pictures of you?? (not just your hair!)

I'm so excited for you guys and I hope things are settling down.

Broadbent Family said...

I'm glad to see Asher was able to come home. I feel bad we weren't able to help with the move and see you guys before we came back to NE. He is adorable, thanks for letting me visit.

Nathan said...

AHSER!!! What a great name! I was in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat in high school and I was Asher, one of the brothers. Since then I have been very fond of that name.

Asher is such a cutie and it's fun to see the family...except I didn't see any pictures of you M-dawg. Maybe next time.

Congratulations with new baby, new home and new career!

Becky said...

Congrats! I had to find your blog through someone else, thanks for sharing it with me ;)I am glad all is well and can't wait to hear more (not every 7 weeks right :)

amynewby said...

Wow! Isn't it crazy that of all the years, Asher chooses this one to come. What a sweet baby, and so tiny! Jett and Rex are now the big boys in every sense! I'm glad you're close to family again, it helps a lot! thanks for the blog info, it's so so wonderful to see your faces and read about your cute fam. I'm glad for you guys that the bar is over! Good luck, do you like your house and area? lots and lots of love, newbys